When:Thursday, November 6 2014
7:15 pm - 9:30 pm
Where: Admission:$10; $8 seniors & students
Dan Chesbro The Shortcut to Enlightenment November 6, 2014 Rev. Daniel A. Chesbro says that according to Buddha, “You must be born, live a while, get sick, lose everything, and die…” Jesus said, “For a man (person) to enter the Kingdom of Heaven, you must be born again…” And, Tom Sawyer said, “You must be born, live a while, and die…” During his presentation on The Shortcut to Enlightenment Rev. Chesbro will discuss The Four Noble Truths in Buddhism: The Truth of Suffering, The Truth of the Cause of Suffering, The Truth of the Cessation of Suffering, and The Truth of the Path to Nirvana (Enlightenment). He will also talk about the Eight Fold Path of meditation in the Fourth Dimension; the Three Poisons in today’s society; and the Buddha (the Teacher), the Dharma (the teachings of Buddha), and the Sanga, the Community (beyond the Human Condition). He will discuss and compare the teachings of Jesus, Buddha, the Dalai Lama, and Tom Sawyer. And, by the end you will learn that you may demand enlightenment, you may be born enlightened, or you may take the shortcut to enlightenment. Daniel will engage the audience in participation with humor and compassion. Rev. Chesbro is an Ordained Minister, Intuitive Counselor, lecturer and teacher. He combines sensitive intuitive abilities with a ministerial background, psychological training, and metaphysical knowledge to teach, guide, and enhance the lives of those he encounters. A dynamic lecturer and teacher, he encourages others to self-love, self-confidence, balance and the pursuit of their own High Spiritual Self. Daniel was born in Groton, Connecticut on August 22, 1944. His intuitive abilities awakened in childhood with dreams and a “feeling” of guidance. As a college student at the University of Connecticut, his experiences guided him to purse a ministerial career. Following seminary training at Andover Newton Theological School, Crozer Seminary, and Colgate Divinity School, Rev. Chesbro became an American Baptist Minister, serving congregations in Boston, Philadelphia, Rochester and Webster, New York. At age 33, he began traveling to spiritual conferences, teaching, counseling, lecturing, and appearing on radio and television. For several years, he hosted a cablevision program called “The Open Door.” His work has taken him all over the United States, to Canada, Europe, India, Tibet and Egypt. The following books are recommended reading and they can be purchased from amazon.com and barnesandnoble.com:
- The Order of Melchizedek: Love, Willing Service, & Fulfillment by Rev. Daniel Chesbro and Rev. James Erickson – This book is intended to answer questions about the history of the priesthood, about Melchizedek, and the teachings.
- The Gospel of Thomas: A Spiritual Interpretation for the Aquarian Age by Rev. Daniel Chesbro and Rev. James Erickson -This guide offers fresh perspectives into the teachings of Jesus and their relevance for today.
Rev. Chesbro will also be conducting a workshop and ordination into The Order of Melchizedek on Saturday, November 8. Please see below for more information.
Angel door prize – free
Rev. Chesbro is donating a book, The Order of Melchizedek: Love, Willing Service, & Fulfillment, which was written by Rev. Daniel Chesbro, Founder of the Order, and Rev. James Erickson – a value of $17.00.
Early meditation – free, 6:30 – 7:00 pm
Shamanic Journey Meditation led by Chris Krohn In this guided meditation, you will journey to the Upper World, which is the world of the future, the world of our becoming. You will connect with your soul’s guide and meet your luminous ancestors.You may ask and receive guidance for your life’s journey and your soul’s journey. Chris Krohn is a Master Shaman, and a graduate of the Four Winds Society. She studied with Dr. Alberto Villoldo and was initiated by the shamans of the Peruvian Andes. She has studied both in Peru and in the US. She has been seeing clients and teaching shamanic healing across the country since 2005. You may find out more about Chris at her website http://createyourdreams.com
Raffle – $5
Enter for a chance to win a 90 minute Shamanic Healing Session with Chris Krohn. Value: $175.
Refreshments – free
We serve light finger foods and water at intermission. To sponsor our refreshments in exchange for publicity for your practice or business, contact Info@Spiritual-Frontiers.com.
Artesian Spring Water from Tom Hildebrand
Each month Tom Hildebrand (who is also our official hugger) brings us delicious artesian spring water from his home near Siler City, close to the geographical center of North Carolina. This is wonderful water and you’ll find details on how to purchase this water at HappyHillSpringWater.com.
Saturday Workshop and Ordination Description
“Order of Melchizedek” Priesthood Workshop & Ordination
Date & Time: Saturday, November 8, 2014 1:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Location: Unitarian Universalist Fellowship, 3313 Wade Avenue, Raleigh, NC
The Order of Melchizedek is a priesthood of individuals committed to teach and/or heal the Human Condition as it emerges into The Age of Aquarius. Priests are self-selected and their ultimate commitment is between God and themselves to share in their own ways. Everyone is welcome. There is no dogma, no hierarchy. Dan offers a special workshop for Priests. The required workshop is four hours, and the Ordination ceremony follows. Upon Ordination, you receive an “energy boost” to enhance the work that you are already doing. It is a brief and sacred ceremony with universal, yet also individual, impact. During the workshop he will speak in detail about the history of the Melchizedek energies and incarnations, detail the story of the Priesthood, and answer some of the questions most of us have had:
- Who and what is Melchizedek and the Priesthood of Melchizedek?
- Where did it begin and what is its purpose and function in The Age of Aquarius?
- What are the legal ramifications and requirements in becoming a Priest?
- Can you do weddings, funerals, baptisms?
- Where do you go to get guidelines and the right information for doing rituals and ceremonies?
- What books and ancient traditions should you consider reading and studying?
- What is the connection between the Cabala, The Book of Job, the principle of “The Law of One,” and Melchizedek?
- What about the ancient Essenes and “The School of the Prophets” in today’s society?
Workshop and Ordination
$190 – received no later than November 6; $200 after November 6 For those who have already been ordained by Rev. Chesbro and wish to repeat the class to enjoy the energy (No repeat ordination – you’re already ordained!), you may do so for: $65 – received no later than November 6; $75 after November 6
- Credit card – email Events@spiritual-frontiers.comwith your telephone number and best times to call, and someone will contact you to take your details. Do not send credit card information in your email.
- Check – send it in time to arrive by Thursday, November 6, to: Spiritual Frontiers Fellowship, P.O. Box 12773, Raleigh, NC 27605-2773
- Website – you may purchase your ticket online on Spiritual Frontiers Fellowship’s website. Look for Purchase Tickets on Rev. Chesbro’s write-up.
Please note that tickets are good for the specific event and may not be carried forward for use at another event. Also, ticket sales for Thursday evening lectures will be stopped at noon on the day of the event. After that, you will need to purchase your tickets at the door.